Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Faith

It’s easy this time of year for me to have faith. People are generally cheerful, excited about the decorations, the gifts and the food. Especially the food. If you have seen me lately, these last 15 years, you would know that I love food.

The other day as I opened the church door I thought about how easy it is to have faith when the lights are so pretty on the Christmas tree. Or maybe the red and gold shiny bulbs mesmorize me until I’m in this state of delight. I have always liked glitter. These are the things I think about at Christmas going into the service.

I believe in a God who thinks much differently than I do. Today I read what Jesus said about money in Luke 16:15, “What the world honors is detestable in the sight of God.” I am so glad he thinks differently. I get pretty tired of my thinking. I believe in a God who challenges me much more than I like.

I like the days even after Christmas when I believe in a God who believes in me. When I really know God is cheering for me, not only because I read it or someone said it but I feel it. I had to want Him very badly to finally experience this feeling. But when I have this kind of faith then I know I can make a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment